Meet Our Team
Self Care Decisions represents a fusion of talents: healthcare operations consulting, clinical software development, project management and customer service.
We are a virtual workforce with “offices” in Colorado, Arizona, New Jersey and Iowa.
HANNAH YOUNG, PMP
VP, Client Services/Owner
QA & Customer Service Manager
BONNIE OFFIT, MD
Chief Health Innovation Officer
Sue is often the first point of contact for Self Care Decisions. She has worked as a healthcare consultant since the late 1990’s and has a natural bent for shaping ideas into solutions. To complement those skills, Sue is certified in User Experience (UX) and, at times, leads usability testing with the audiences of our projects. She gets involved with content: making it consistent, transforming it into plain-language and working on localizations for international projects.
She balances work with anything outdoors:
- Currently hiking her way through every National Park
- Certified Interpretive Trainer (naturalist)
- Reaping the benefits of her suburban farm (agricultural therapy)
Joseph heads up our technical team. He started working in healthcare technology as a way to put himself through college in the late 1990’s. He understands where new technologies are going and uses that knowledge to further our clients’ goals. He has a passion for understanding and solving problems. He can bring business needs together with technology solutions and communicate those effectively.
Outside of work, Joseph:
- Coaches a Lego League Robotics team
- Teaches Taekwondo
Erik is a full-stack web and iOS developer with a passion for designing highly-usable applications and programming interfaces. He is focused on the design and development of modular software and is enthusiastic about modern application architectures. Erik follows the open source development community closely and loves to contribute code, documentation and guidance whenever he can.
When he is not designing, developing or documenting applications, Erik enjoys:
- Surfing, skateboarding, snowboarding, mountain biking
- Hiking around with his wife Linae, baby Mikael and adorable dog Roni
- The arts of photography, graphic design and crochet
Once an app idea starts to move forward, Hannah’s role begins. She is the main point of contact throughout implementation and maintenance. Hannah works alongside our clients from initial scoping through successful app launch, ensuring all details are addressed. Hannah is certified in project management (PMP), which lends to a successful and positive client experience from the beginning.
Some interesting facts about Hannah include, she:
- Learned to play golf before she turned 5
- Grew up on a Sesquicentennial family farm in rural Iowa (still her favorite place)
- Planned and led a group of 13 on a service trip to assist impoverished women in Nashville, TN
Taylor is a software developer, primarily developing and maintaining our iOS applications. He gets involved with designing and implementing new features for client applications, as well as for our own company’s software tools. An important aspect of Taylor’s job is actively researching new technologies in order to stay current with best practices.
When he’s not working, Taylor enjoys:
- Playing tennis
- Hiking with his dog, Clifford
Craig works primarily as an Android developer, and also assists with backend development and test design from time to time. His professional interests lie primarily in machine learning, but he’s eager to explore every mode of software development he comes across.
When not working, Craig enjoys:
- Playing the cello
- Reading or watching sci-fi
- Discussing the implications of AI
Cheryl is our client’s main point of contact for our Surgery Partner product. She manages several aspects of our content and the QA process. For the 10 years prior to joining Self Care Decisions, Cheryl was responsible for clinical content management, training and documentation. She worked closely with nearly 100 healthcare clients, optimizing their use of the software. She was also a key player in software development projects.
Outside of work, Cheryl enjoys:
- Traveling, especially to Hawaii
- Spending time with family and friends
Bonnie Offit, MD
Bonnie has been a pediatrician in for over 30 years. She has experience in the primary, urgent and telehealth care settings. With a passion for digital health, she then helped Children’s Hospital for Philadelphia (CHOP) get start their Telehealth program. She now brings her clinical background and technology interest to Self Care where she focuses on content enhancement, including telemedicine and a chatbot configuration.Bonnie does her best to stay fit by starting with a brisk outdoor walk at least several days a week.
Outside of work, Bonnie enjoys:
- Loves to be entertained by the multitude of amazing movies and series on TV
- Gets great joy from playing beginner guitar chords to great songs from the 70’s, 80’s
- An avid Philadelphia sports fan
- A Boston Terrier mom (has her 4th puppy named Dottie now)
- New grandmother to Daisy